Thursday, July 1, 2010

Long time...

Lots and lots of news to catch people up on.


So there are 11 days of school left! I find myself becoming more and more stressed out as the end of school approaches. I’ve got to plan two weeks of summer camp on my own. No curriculum was given this year, so I’m starting from scratch. I’m teaching 1st and 2nd graders, so that should be interesting. I do have a co-teacher, but I’m the one who is in charge of camp. She’s just there to be a helper and rally the kids if need be. I do have one week before camp of desk warming/preparation where I have to be here at school the entire week, most likely by myself. I do have 14 days off. One week is paid vacation, the other week is “research at home.” Haha Apparently I have to write a research paper about what I did over that week at home. So very strange!!!


Last week I didn’t end up getting home at night until late all but one night. Monday after school I had dinner with a friend, Tuesday I had dinner with a guy from IECEF which is the organization that helped me get this teaching job, Wednesday I was invited over to one of my adult student’s home and she is the grandmother of one of my 5th grade students, then Friday night was at a salon getting my hair cut and magic straight, which is basically the opposite of a perm. I love it, but it’s just too dang hot to keep my hair down. After getting my hair did, I met up with my friend Jesse from high school. Being in Korea we managed to eat at western places for every meal. Haha Anyways, then Sunday the two of us eventually met up and went to Itaewon and Myeong-dong. Again, eating a western places. I probably gained about 2 pounds last weekend, which is not a good thing. Lol But, my pants are still way too big, so I’m not too worried.


Tuesday, there was a Dillon International Adoptee dinner at Eastern Social Welfare Society which is the agency I was at when I was born before I came to the states. There really wasn’t an “ah ha” moment, but it was good to meet Jann and see Dukkyung again. Dukkyung was actually my social worker when I was born. She knew me before my parents did. I had also met her a while ago when my mom and I visited Deniese Dillon at Dillon International in Tulsa. There were only two adoptees at the dinner, but it was great meeting her. We had Pizza Hut pizza which was very good. No corn on the pizza, so I was a happy girl! After dinner I decided to go see Cookin’ Nanta with the birth land tour group that was here with Jann and Dukkyung. The best decision I’ve made since I’ve been here. It was an incredible show. It’s basically a Korean cooking version of Stomp. It’s been on Broadway and it’s playing around the world. If you ever get a chance to see it, I HIGHLY recommend it! It was great meeting Jann. We got a long great, which was surprising to me. Just the fact that I’m pretty reserved when it comes to meeting new people. But with Jann it seemed like we were old friends. That hardly ever happens with me. Lol Anyways, I heard that someone (not naming names…*cough* Fetzer *cough*) gave Jann the link to this blog. So Jann if you are reading this…It was great meeting you and I want to thank you and Dukkyung for dinner and then for letting me tag along to Nanta.


Another happy note! I’ve received 3 care packages from friends back home!! One from my amazing Sunday School class along with a card from the church staff. Thanks guys!! And then 2 from my friend Joanna aka ICE!!!! I loved getting the pictures, book, mac and cheese, jiffy pop, hot cocoa, and trail mix from the Sunday School class. Then the AWESOME “Ride the Bee” mug, twizzlers, and the most AMAZING pair of sunglasses on earth from ICE!!!!!!





I went ahead and got a membership to Costco. It was 35,000W for a year. So not too bad. I ended up buying Dr. Pepper, pasta, popcorn, and pesto sauce. I can't believe I ever found pesto. I've been looking for it everywhere and this is the first place I've seen it! I was so happy. It might be a gigantic tub of it, but I bought a LOT of pasta with Mia, so we decided to split it. lol So I'm pretty excited, tortellini with pesto sauce is going to be my dinner tonight with a Dr. Pepper...life is good!!!




Taeyang...singer of Wedding Dress that is on my player on here just came out with a full length album today called "Solar," I downloaded! lol It's incredible! Does have the songs from his mini album, but then 8 new songs! The entire album has such a great beat, a bit R&B, hip-hop, pop, it's great!!!


1 comment:

  1. man, o man some things don't change. Tortellini with pesto and Dr. Pepper. Sounds great! One of those luxury's that you take for granted when at home, but while abroad it seems to be the most amazing thing ever. Happy to hear you are busy and well!

    ReplyDelete