Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quick post before I go out for the day...

So I've been super busy with figuring out what to do for summer camp. I've got to come up with everything on my own. So I've been totally stressed out about that. The semester is almost over!! July 19th is my last day. Then I get almost three weeks off!

Secondly, Friday night I went to a Korean salon for the first time. One of my beginner adult students was kind enough to take me. Granted her English is a bit rough, but we managed. The workers in the Salon were all younger people. Probably around my age or a little older, so they knew a TINY bit of English. One girl more so than the others. But they tried to hard to speak to me in English. It was great. Since I was there for 3 hours, I guess they kinda felt obligated to talk to me. lol I got a hair cut and magic straight done. The magic straight was what took so long. But I'm definitely happy with it! I can now just blow dry my hair and it's not poofy and wavy anymore!!! So the following picture is the result. Granted I haven't been able to wash my hair since then. So it's a bit nappy looking.



Well, I'm off to Itaewon and wherever else for the day with my friend Jesse who I haven't seen since High School. She's here studying at Yonsei for two months. It's so great to finally see a familiar face!!!!!

Peace out!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great! I only got mine cut once in Korea-- I was scared because I knew they wouldn't know what to do with my curls. Wasn't a disaster, but I just got a trim. I think you have it a little easier. :)

    That's cool that you got to see a friend from HS. When I visited Seoul, I stayed with a girl I know from middle school, someone I hadn't seen in almost nine years! Funny how in a foreign country, even the smallest connection becomes something meaningful.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete