Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Korean Life...

So it's been 7 months. Seven months living in a coutry where I still don't know the language. Seven months of teaching kids and adults English. Seven months of living on my own. Seven months of having to pay my own bills. Seven months of not being able to see my friends and family. However, I did get to see my parents at the 7 month mark!!!!

I still sometimes wonder what if I stayed in Oklahoma? Would I have passed my teacher certification test? Would I have found a job? Would I still be working part-time at the YMCA? There I go again on the "what if's". That dreaded adoptee characteristic. lol

I've made some great friends, I've gotten some amazing experience, and I'm slowly but surely learning more and more Korean words. lol Not necessarily phrases, but words.

I do still find myself incredible lonely, but maybe that's a good thing. I don't know. lol

Anywho, my parents visit was great! Had a great time with them. Not really having to spend any money. lol My mom found some great handmade Korean paper which I believe is called Hanji. Or something that sounds like that. lol She bought quite a bit. And I bought some awesome socks!! haha Socks are apparently a big there here in Korea and they sell really cute ones for like 1,000won which is like $.90. So I got some with Taeyang from Big Bang on them and a pair with Ramyun on them. haha I also did some clothes shopping and got a pair of shoes.

Tomorrow is sports day at school!!!!!! So no class and I get to watch everything!!! So I will be taking pictures and video!!! So pics and video will be posted on my facebook of sports day!!!! They really do go all out for this shindig!!!! I'm tellin ya!!!!

So, update on coming home. I will be home possibly in Feb. for two weeks. Camp will most likely start on Dec. 27 and will last for 2 or 3 weeks, not sure yet.

That's it.
안녕!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment