Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to work...

First day of work after a much needed break. After a successful summer camp I went to Boracay, Philippines with a friend of mine. Boracay was amazing! It was beautiful but also super hot. lol They had great food, great beaches, and lot of activites. Even though my friend and I argued quite a bit, I still enjoyed most of my time. We snorkeled and did an island hopping tour. I went scuba diving for the first time and had a blast! It's making me thinka bout getting licsensed. But it's such an expensive hobby. Then I went on an ATV tour where we went to Puka Shell beach and then up to the highest point in Boracay. That was pretty sweet. They had a small zoo up there and I got to hold a bat. It was crazy!! haha On Saturday night before we took our free sunset sailing trip I started to feel under the weather. Sure enough I got extremely sick. I spent all night Saturday in our room shivering and sweating with a fever and had a really bad upset stomach. Sunday morning I went to the hospital and spent the entire day there where they pumped me with fluids and antibiotics through an IV. Not so much fun. I spent the rest of Sunday night as I did Saturday. We then had to get up at 4:00 AM Monday morning to travel back to Korea. I had to make sure my fever was gone so I could return as well. So by Monday afternoon no more fever...THANK GOODNESS!!!! Still had an upset stomach, but it was not as intense as before. We got back on Monday and spent the rest of my vacation in bed resting up. Having a really high fever and upset stomach really took a toll on my body. I've lost about 6 lbs. which will most likely return. lol But, I'm hoping to keep most of it off.

I'm a mentor teacher again this semester. Last Monday I got a call from the District Supervisor asking me if I'd be one again this semester. She also asked me to check her documents for mistakes. lol She's such a cool lady. I just couldn't say no to her. So this semester I'll have two mentees. And instead of them coming to my school and then me going to theirs, they will just come to mine. So I think a lot less work this time. Thank goodness. lol

I can honestly say I'm a lot happier in the past two days than I have been in the past 6 months. Except maybe during that week in Hawaii. lol Although one of my girls is leaving on Friday and I will miss her terribly we had a great send off for her Saturday night. And the rest may have to do with a certain person...possibly to be named later. hahaha We shall see.

Anywhoo, 6 months and couting until I'm back home for a while!!! I think I'll be stateside at least for a few years before I even think about going anywhere else...if that even happens.

Well I'm off to do something else. lol Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment